Ultimate Finance are looking for an experienced UX Designer to assist with the development and delivery of innovative digital projects that fit with our vision of providing the UK's SMEs with good funding.
Here at Ultimate Finance, our vision is to “free Britain’s businesses from the headache of funding” and our digital team has a key role to play in the delivery of this vision by making things as simple as possible for our customers.
Ultimate Finance Group are seeking an experienced UX designer to work as part of our fun, vibrant digital development team, based in the heart of Edinburgh’s West End. The role of UX Designer is to assist with the development and delivery of innovative digital projects that fit with our vision of providing the UK’s SMEs with good funding.
We’re looking for someone with senior-level UX & Design experience and in-depth knowledge and experience of conducting customer insight, interviews and surveys, and translating them into customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes. The UX role will also design the user interface for key product functionality and regularly iterate based on user feedback to ensure a market-leading customer experience.
- Work with stakeholders and internal team members to collaboratively develop and bring to life new opportunities.
- Working within a cross-functional team in an agile delivery process, responsible for delivering a first-class user experiences for our digital products.
- Input into the continuous improvement of development process, practices, tools and techniques.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, wire-framing, sketching, prototyping, and mapping customer experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive and exceptional user experiences.
- Design and deliver user stories, customer journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven UX design experience – preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing and delivering software products within an agile framework.
- Extensive experience in using UX best practice to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design and testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- In-depth user-centered design experience, including awareness of the latest techniques, standards and best practices.
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet customer needs and internal vision.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently based on understanding of user needs.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design – ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experiences with them, as well as learning from them.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Delivery focused – ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Strategic mindset with an understanding of systems from a macro/comprehensive users perspective.
- Confident approach to making future recommendations and innovating.
The UX Designer role sits within the Digital Team in Ultimate Finance and reports to the Head of Digital Product. The team produce market-leading digital platforms for SME business finance.
Job posted: 20 March 2018