We are looking for a Senior Project Lead to join our team.
Ultimate Finance are a specialist asset-based lender, providing a wide range of flexible solutions to support the ambitions of UK businesses. Backed by Tavistock, an international private investment organisation, our vision is to be the funding partner of choice.
We have a fantastic opportunity in our fast-paced project management team for an experienced senior project lead. This role has elements of business analysis to turn business needs into project requirements, however the main focus is to understand and deliver change aligned to strategic business priorities by planning, organising, leading and controlling projects efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team managing the change of the product people, technology and processes that supports the business. This is an exciting opportunity that would ideally suit someone with solid project management experience and is looking to take on more responsibility as part of an expanded role. We expect you to demonstrate our core values of Decency, Enterprise and Brilliance at all times.
Working as part of the Project Management Office you will be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of projects, and working with Programme Managers and Senior Business stakeholders to:
- Manage strategic programmes and roadmaps
- Plan and define project requirements
- Develop programme and project schedules
- Organise and motivate project teams
- Provide coaching and guidance to project managers
- Chair working group meetings to manage progress, analysing and mitigating risks and issues
- Activity and resource planning
- Manage team members and contractors
- Ensure project documentation is up to date
- Report on project progress
- Deliver projects to time, cost and scope and effective handover to BAU
You will be expected to:
- Engage with business stakeholders to capture and document business process and rules
- Write Business Process specifications to be used by suppliers and developers
- Estimate project costs as part of budget and ensure project benefits are realised
- Outline test strategies, plans and scripts
- Facilitate testing to ensure that the desired results are achieved
- Work closely with project team members to ensure activities are aligned with scope and deliverables
- Manage reports and necessary documentation
- Articulate status and requirements clearly and concisely, both to technical teams and executives
Characteristics & Behaviours:
The key behaviours required for this role are:
- Strong communicator
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Committed & confident
- Values driven
- Customer focussed & people centric
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience working on digital transformation projects
- Flexibility across differing project methodologies e.g. agile, waterfall, lean
- Strong analytical, facilitation, and process mapping skills
- Understanding of project management tools and software
- Microsoft office suite skills (including Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Experience managing/supporting projects
- Experience working closely with customers and suppliers.
Job posted: 12th November 2019