We're seeking a Project Manager to work as part of our fun, vibrant digital development team, based in the heart of Edinburgh’s West End.
This exciting, new opportunity has been created working as part of a fast paced, growing and innovative organisation. The Project Manager is a pivotal role that will drive the successful delivery of our core initiatives by coordinating dependencies and managing key stakeholder requirements.
You will be required to chair Steering Groups of Executive level stakeholders and project manage working groups of both internal and external dependencies.
Here at Ultimate Finance, our vision is to “free Britain’s businesses from the headache of funding” and our digital team has a key role to play in the delivery of this vision by making things as simple as possible for our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to take a central role in the delivery of our vision.
Role of the Project Manager:
The Project Manager is responsible, on behalf of the senior Business Stakeholders for coordinating the required programme of business change. The role requires effective co-ordination of the technology projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the communication of the new capabilities into the business to enable effective change management to realise the expected benefits through technologies, people and processes.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the projects. They will develop and maintain the project environment to support and deliver each individual project within it.
- Planning and designing project management, proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the project governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance process monitoring and overall integrity of project deliverables
- Managing project budgets on behalf of the key Business Stakeholders, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan and governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the projects
- Managing communication with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to projects successful outcomes
- Working with the business users and subject matter experts on the transition to the new business-as-usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps are identified, or issues arise
- Reporting project progress at regular intervals to the key Business Stakeholders
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling technical projects
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods and the ability to apply the methods most suited to the needs of the project and stakeholders
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the organisation
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
Job posted: 26 March 2018