We're looking for a Paralegal to join the team in Bristol on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave for 12 months.
Here at Ultimate Finance, we’re all about delivering good funding, the type that frees SMEs from the usual headaches and allows them to focus on what they do best – running their business. Our legal team play a crucial role in delivering good funding to our clients and we’re looking for a Paralegal to join our team in Bristol.
The purpose of the role is to assist senior in house counsel with the operational aspects of the business’ lending activities for both the Ultimate Finance and Ashley Finance brands. You’ll also be required to assist with all matters relating to the overall Group function including commercial law, property, banking and finance arrangements, IP and employment.
This role is highly visible within the business and you would be expected to deal with a wide range of business stakeholders.
- Assisting with and maintaining client contractual templates across the brands.
- Advising on any amendments to standard security documents to reflect client circumstances.
- Advising the Operations team on the implications for Ultimate and Ashley as to the contractual arrangements between our clients and their customers.
- Willing to assist with litigation matters if required.
- Liaising with external professional advisers (including legal and insolvency practitioners). Other duties as required by the directors from time to time.
Key Skills and Expertise:
- Paralegal preferably LPC graduate.
- Must be comfortable dealing with a wide variety of matters and have a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn about new areas.
Job posted: 27 April 2018