Ultimate Finance are looking for an IT Support Technician to join the team in Bristol.
Here at Ultimate, we’re looking for an IT Support Technician to join our dynamic Bristol based team and provide (sometimes life-saving) assistance to our growing team. We need a problem solver – could it be you?
This role will incorporate a range of support services which includes activities such as Service Desk duties, telephone and email support, recording faults, supporting the set-up of new systems and upgrading existing systems, trouble shooting and escalating IT faults.
The IT Support Technician will work as part of the team providing efficient IT services and excellent standards of support throughout the organization. The successful candidate will be expected to be professional, have technical competence and good communication skills.
They will provide a first point of contact, processing requests for support and help with the co-ordination of the response through to resolution, providing an escalation path if necessary
The post holder will have responsibility for managing their own tasks but will be under the direct supervision of a qualified/experienced colleague.
So if putting out fires (not real fires – just metaphorical IT ones), troubleshooting problems (metaphorical again) and saving the day (no exaggeration here) sounds like the ideal job for you then get in touch.
- To provide first and second line technical support, answering support queries via phone and email.
- To support users remotely.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues.
- Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member.
- To notify relevant staff to arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house. Liaison with 3rd party support partners to resolve issues.
- Carry out daily checks of log files, applications deployments and security updates – producing resolutions and reporting to the Group IT Manager where necessary.
- Create user accounts.
- Assist in developing build images and deployment pre-build PCs.
- Carry out in-house system testing.
- First and second line of support for over 200 internal users across 3 main sites and satellite offices.
- First and second line of support for over 10 IT applications.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of the General IT Service offering - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- PC Build and configuration capabilities - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- General ITIL knowledge - Desirable - Assessed in Application & Interview
- IT related qualification - Desirable - Assessed in Application.
- Good IT skills with experience of Hardware and Software installs - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel and Access) - Essential MS2013 and 2016 /365 - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- Good knowledge of Windows 7, 10 Server 2008 and 2012 R2 - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- Knowledge of Intune - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- Knowledge of Office 365 - Essential - Assessed in Application & Interview.
- Ability to organise own work load - Essential - Assessed in Interview.
- Strong interpersonal skills - Essential - Assessed in Interview.
- Good problem solver - Essential - Assessed in Interview.
- Good team player with the ability to also work on own initiative - Essential - Assessed in Interview.
The following technologies are in use within Ultimate Finance. Some familiarity with these is desirable, but not essential.
- Virtualisation – VMware ESXi
- Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2008 - 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Office 365
- To maintain top levels of service to our users.
- To be smart and presentable at all times.
- To have a keen attention to detail.
- To have the ability to work both as part of team and alone as required.
- Occasionally travel to other sites.
- To perform any other duties as may be required by the Company from time to time.
Job posted: 23 January 2017