We are looking for a Group Internal Auditor to join our team in Bristol.
To provide independent and objective assurance, challenge and advice to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Team at Ultimate Finance Group (UFG), relating to the effectiveness of the risk management processes across the group.
This is a new role, so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the role, however, it is expected that the key focus will be to:
- Assess the key risks in the business.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the group’s risk-based policies, controls and procedures for compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Make recommendations in respect of the above to senior managers and the board of directors.
- Monitor compliance with those recommendations at all levels.
This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers, to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. You will apply your innovative insight to identify our needs and priorities, contributing to improving risk processes across the business.
It will involve challenging at all levels of the organisatoin and will sometimes mean working alone with minimal supervision.
With the opportunity to further develop an extensive range of skills and knowledge, this varied role also offers excellent exposure to our business and its senior stakeholders.
Your work should adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) mandatory guidance, including, the Definition of Internal Auditing, the Code of Ethics and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (‘the Standards’). Likewise, should also adhere to guidance issued by the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors in the UK (CIIA): Effective Internal Audit in the Financial Services Sector.
You will be working with our Business Analysts to map out processes, assessing risks and controls, and gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to effectively test controls. From this you will:
- Develop, document and implement the group’s internal audit plan.
- Monitor and report the overall progress of the Audit Plan.
- Manage the successful and timely completion of these audits, from initial scoping and planning through to reporting and follow up of actions and recommendations, being responsible for their end to end delivery.
- Make effective and pragmatic recommendations to address issues and to add value to the business.
Reporting and Monitoring:
- Prepare quality papers for the relevant Committees, Senior Managers, Board of Directors.
- Document audit findings in the UFG standard reporting format, with recommendations where remedial action is required.
- Represent Internal Audit at Committees and other formal meetings as required providing assurance, recommendations and support.
- Oversee the preparation of regular Internal Audit progress reporting, and other performance measures and KPIs.
- Manage the operation of Internal Audit’s continuous monitoring capability and reviewing and assessing the outputs.
- Ensure risks and breaches of the group’s policies and procedures are identified, investigated, reported and acted upon.
Job posted: 05 September 2018