We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team in Bristol.
Our Finance team play a critical role in delivering Good Funding to our clients and we’re looking for someone who’s good with numbers to become part of that team. As Finance Assistant, you’d be responsible for maintaining the accounting transactional records of the Ultimate Finance Group and its trading subsidiaries
You’d be reporting directly to the Head of Finance as required on all aspects of the allocated job functions.
To undertake a number of tasks on a daily or monthly basis working to strict deadlines as required by the main board reporting timetable. This will include the following:
- To maintain the accounting records of a subsidiary companies and be proactively involved in the production of monthly management information.
- Ensure all assigned company bank accounts are reconciled on a regular basis (daily and monthly), and output is followed up with the Finance Operations team for timely and accurate results. Assist with preparation of other relevant balance sheet reconciliations.
- To prepare the daily submission to the bank whilst maintaining a good relationship with the bank on a day to day basis and request FX trades if necessary.
- To maintain the group fixed asset register and company car finance leases if needed.
- To record and code clients receipts and ensure they are captured in the accounting ledger accurately, ensuring correct nominal allocations are made and are matched with bank statements.
- To prepare clients and suppliers payment runs for subsequent review and approval, be able to explain and analyse clients and supplier relationships where needed.
- Assist with preparing year end statutory accounts for subsidiary, with annual audit and tax.
- Improve process efficiency in accounting, data recording and other financial processes on regular basis.
- Integrate and automate (where possible) data entries and reporting outputs on ongoing basis.
- To maintain top levels of service at all times.
- Experience with accounting systems, data entry and reconciliation of income and expenditures as well as balance sheets.
- To have a keen attention to detail and take a responsibility on tasks performed.
- To have the ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- To have a positive, can-do attitude.
- To apply a proactive, analytical, problem solving approach at all times.
- To enter into a structured and progressive training programme as required by the Group.
- To perform any other duties as may be required by the Group from time to time.
- Good Excel functional skills, as vlookup and pivot tables.
- A partial accounting qualification and/or previous experience in financial services is preferred but not necessary.
Job posted: 08 March 2018