We're looking for a Data Scientist to join the team in Edinburgh.
Here at Ultimate Finance, our vision is to free Britain’s business from the headache of funding. We do this by delivering Good Funding a key factor that supports our vision is data. A new and exciting opportunity has been created working as part of a fast paced, growing and innovative organisation focused on the B2B SME market. The Data Scientist is a new and pivotal role that will help shape the business and product strategies to drive sales, income and client retention going forward.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge base with experience in statistical analysis, machine learning and modelling with the ability to find innovative solutions for business problems and produce meaningful and actionable insights from the wealth of internal and external data available.
The candidate will need to be self-motivated, able to work with cross functional teams, and translate outputs into presentations for Executive level stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a central role in the delivery of our organisation’s primary initiatives.
- Carry out exploratory data science projects, including building predictive models, using statistical and analytical methods for a range of products and customer journeys.
- Identify new predictive insights and features from a variety of data sources both internal and external.
- Apply a wide range of modelling techniques to tackle unsupervised, semi-supervised and supervised learning problems.
- Data and variable re-structuring, pre-processing and transformation across a wide range of data sources and API endpoints.
- Adapting modelling techniques for both small and large datasets.
- Performing retrospective analysis, monitoring of model performance and data assessment for marketing, product and client activities.
- Provide in-depth technical support, working with cross functional technical and non-technical teams within the business including developers, marketing, sales, credit risk and underwriting.
- Ability to model solutions to problems in innovative and original ways.
- Experience with all stages of a data science project, from importing and cleaning data from a range of sources and formats, feature engineering and model validation.
- Self-motivation to drive the creation of data models forward and make them accurate and meaningful to others.
- Excellent communication skills, including data visualisation and reporting.
- Strong technical skills, proficiency in programming is a must.
- Meticulous approach to data-handling and cleansing and an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and their application, including error margins and confidence intervals.
- Passion for delivering valuable, actionable insights, that lead to business growth, through the exploration of data.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and has an enquiring mind.
- Wants to be part of a high growth company with big ambitions.
- Experience with the Microsoft technology stack.
- Technical Experience with SQL databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with ETL and reporting processes (SSIS and Tableau ideally).
- Knowledge of and experience with leveraging AWS resources, or similar cloud platform.
- Previous experience in a B2B environment.
- Knowledge of building production ready modelling algorithms.
- Experience in the ID&V / Risk industry.
- Retrospective analysis for client adoption; risk analysis (back-testing), marketing (projection-correlation) etc.
Job posted: 23 May 2018