To oversee and control all aspects of maintaining a portfolio of sales ledgers consisting of up to 1100 debtors, including telephone and written collection activity, credit limit monitoring, verbal and written verification, managing client feedback, identifying and managing disputes, identification of risk, service level assurance, and procedural compliance. We expect you to demonstrate our core values of Decency, Enterprise and Brilliance at all times.
To provide a full and professional Factoring / Invoice Discounting service to a specified portfolio of sales ledgers on a day-to-day basis. This will include the following:
- To perform a collection service in both written and verbal form as required, in line with the company policy and to an acceptable level, based on monthly targets / DSO expectations.
- Working to achieve a set of Key performance indicators which include ( but not restricted to) – DSO levels, unallocated cash allocation, competition of Top 10’s, Quality control, Call numbers
- To provide regular and full debtor feedback reports to the clients as required.
- To ensure Top Ten Verification is performed on the portfolio at least once monthly, and to perform ad hoc / exception verification throughout the month or as required.
- To ensure that a minimum of 40 credit control calls are made per day.
- To monitor and manage all queries / disputes on the portfolio, notifying both the Client Manager and the Client as required, and disapproving invoices for all types of perceived risk.
- To run an acceptable diary follow-up system, accessible by other staff, and to maintain full and proper notes on debtor accounts.
- To constantly monitor debtor credit limits and raise relevant documentation for increases / reviews as required.
- To constantly monitor debtor trading styles and addresses on C3 for accuracy.
- To field any Client requests relating to their facility, and deal with / report to the Client Manager / Assistant Client Manager accordingly.
- To ensure that any business opportunities are recognised and company scripts are followed to maximise new business potential.
- Assisting the Credit Control Manager with the preparation of statutory demands.
The key behaviours required for this role are:
- Strong communicator
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Committed & confident
- Values driven
- Customer focussed & people centric
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills
- Basic commercial awareness and basic technical knowledge of funding
- Basic planning and delivery skills
- Financially literate
- Ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders
- Good time management
Job posted: 24 September 2019