We are looking for an Agile Web Developer to join our team in Edinburgh.
Agile is at the heart of the way we work – more than that it embodies what we’re trying to do, make things as simple as possible for our customers. Ultimate Finance Group are currently seeking an Agile Web Developer to join our expanding digital development team in Edinburgh.
We are looking for a highly effective developer that can hit the ground running and will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering new, innovative and exciting finance products for our new digital platform.
You’d be working as part of fun, vibrant team committed to delivering our vision of “freeing Britain’s businesses from the headache of funding” and digital is a key part of our strategy for delivering this vision.
- Contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Development of websites, mobile applications and back-end integrations using Microsoft.NET Framework.
- Active collaboration in agile team activities to maintain momentum and work towards tight delivery timelines.
- Recommendation of best-practices concerning effective agile delivery and technology choices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven experience in software engineering across the full SDLC.
- Experience delivering software products using an Agile methodology (SCRUM, RUP, XP).
- Software development using an object-oriented design approach.
- Developing web applications using Responsive Web Design (RWD) for various server, PC/laptop, and mobile platforms.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using version management and config/release management systems and be able to deploy solutions to multiple environments.
- Setup and integration of source control and backlog systems, ideally Git and JIRA.
- Experience with customization of web portal software and or content management systems such as Umbraco or similar.
- Experience of Typescript, MS SQL Server.
- Experience of Object Relational Mapping (ORMs such as Entity Framework or NHibernate).
- Self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to produce quality work products with attention to detail.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office or comparable productivity suite.
- Strategic and understands system from a macro/comprehensive users perspective.
- Innovative and can make future recommendations.
Job posted: 07 February 2018