We are looking for an Accountant to join our accounts payable team in Bristol.
Our Finance team play a critical role in delivering Good Funding to our clients and we’re looking for someone who’s good with numbers and people to become part of that team in Bristol.
As an accountant with us, you’d be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, providing insightful analysis, assisting in planning/forecasting, preparing reconciliations and working with the team to enhance the financial control environment. Experience of dealing with external auditors and preparing statutory accounts would be beneficial but not essential. Initially, the focus would be on the Trade Finance business, but we would expect this to quickly develop into other areas on the Group.
You’d be reporting to the Head of Finance as required on all aspects of the allocated job functions.
As a key member of the finance team, you will be expected to undertake a number of tasks on a daily or monthly basis, working to strict deadlines as required by the main board reporting timetable. This will include the following:
- Prepare monthly journals, period close processes, reports and management accounts
- Provide a business partner role to stakeholders in the business
- Assist in annual planning and quarterly reforecasting cycles
- Prepare monthly key reconciliations and review the financial control process of the Group
- Monitor and assist in purchasing FX when required
- Assist in daily funding analysis and cashflow management
- ACCA or CIMA qualified, or very close to qualification
- Experience of working in a busy accounts department
- Experience with accounting systems
- Knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax beneficial
- To have a keen attention to detail and take a responsibility for tasks performed.
- To apply a proactive, analytical, problem solving approach at all times.
- To enter into a structured and progressive training programme as required by the Group.
Job posted: 07 December 2018