A quarter (24%) of small business owners in the UK will miss Christmas celebrations this year, due to business and work load commitments. This is according to new research from Ultimate Finance which shines a spotlight on the personal strains that British SMEs are under.
• Nearly 1/4 of UK small business owners have missed Christmas Day celebrations because of business commitments
• Nine out of 10 say that their business has had a negative impact on relationships and family life
• 80% say poor work / life balance has a negative impact on their family relationships
• Nearly a half have missed a special family occasion such as a birthday
Small and medium-sized enterprises account for 99% of all companies in the UK, with 5.4 million SMEs in operation across the country*.
* Source: http://www.fsb.org.uk/media-centre/small-business-statistics
The independent survey, carried out by 3Gem on behalf of SME funding partner Ultimate Finance, questioned hundreds of managing directors, across a range of sectors, about the impact that running their business was having on their lives.
Ultimate Finance conducted the research as part of a bigger SME wellbeing campaign, with the aim of highlighting the need for small business owners to consider their own health, as well as their employees. To help SMEs who need support with their wellbeing, the leading UK funding ally has created an information hub with insight and guidance on a range of business wellbeing topics.